Surgery – Local Therapy
Written by: Editorial Team | Last reviewed: October 2019.
- Treating breast cancer. American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/treatment.html. Accessed 10/5/18.
- Lumpectomy. Mayo Clinic. Available at https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/lumpectomy/about/pac-20394650. Accessed 10/5/18.
- Partial mastectomy. PubMed Health. Available at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0030264/. Accessed 10/5/18.
- Skin-sparing mastectomy. BreastCancer.org. Available at https://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/surgery/mastectomy/skinsparing. Accessed 10/5/18.
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy. Stony Brook University Hospital. Available at https://www.stonybrookmedicine.edu/patientcare/surgery/patient-care/clinical/breast-surgery/patient-education/faqs-about-nipple-sparing-mastectomy. Accessed 10/5/18.
- Kuwajerwala NK. Modified radical mastectomy. Medscape. Available at https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1830105-overview. Accessed 10/5/18.
- Tosello G, Torloni M, Mota BS, Neeman T, Riera R. Breast surgery for metastatic breast cancer. Cochrane. Available at https://www.cochrane.org/CD011276/BREASTCA_breast-surgery-metastatic-breast-cancer. Accessed 10/5/18.
- Poggio F, Lambertini M, de Azambuja E Controversies in Oncology: Surgery of the primary tumour in patients presenting with de novo metastatic breast cancer: to do or not to do? ESMO Open 2018;3:e000324. doi: 10.1136/esmoopen-2018-000324
- Surgery to treat metastatic breast cancer. BreastCancer.org. Available at https://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/types/recur_metast/treat_metast/options/surgery. Accessed 10/5/18.