Complementary & Alternative Therapies
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: October 2019.
- Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: what’s in a name? National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Available at https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health. Accessed 10/26/18.
- What are complementary and alternative methods? American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/complementary-and-alternative-medicine/complementary-and-alternative-methods-and-cancer/what-are-cam.html. Accessed 10/26/18.
- Wanchai A, Armer JM, Stewart BR. Complementary and alternative medicine use among women with breast cancer: a systematic review. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2010 Aug;14(4):E45-55. doi: 10.1188/10.CJON.E45-E55.
- McGee R. Does stress cause cancer? BMJ. 1999 Oct 16;319(7216):1015-1016.
- Speca M, Carlson LE, Goodey E, Angen M. A randomized, wait-list controlled clinical trial: the effect of a mindfulness meditation-based stress reduction program on mood and symptoms of stress in cancer outpatients. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2000 Sept/Oct 62(5):613-622.