Women’s Health Awareness Month Self-Care Challenge
Have you ever been on a plane and heard the stewardess say to put your own oxygen mask on first before helping someone else? They do this because we must help ourselves if we want to help others. This is very similar to how self-care works. Often, women, tend to care for others before taking a step back and taking care of themselves.
As we celebrate women’s health awareness month, we want to highlight the importance of taking care of your health during the month of May. Not just your physical health but also your emotional and mental health. If this is your first time doing this, we created a checklist of items that can help you prioritize your overall health.
Over the course of the next 5 weeks, take a look at this list and see what you can accomplish for yourself. Think about that oxygen mask analogy if you are having trouble doing so.
- Practice a skincare routine
- Drink more water in a day
- Try doing some movement this month
- Make some appointments you’ve put off making
- Treat yourself to your favorite meal
- Dance to your favorite song
- Take time for yourself
- Connect with and check in with a friend
- Watch your favorite movie
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Give someone you love a compliment
- Try meditating once or twice this month
- Try a 48-hour social media cleanse
- Spend time outside in nature
- Write 10 things you are grateful for
- Do something creative - draw, journal, paint
Everyone should prioritize their health for longer than a month every year. However, this could be a really good start! Please let us know which of these you’ve tried in the comments!
What else would you add to this self-care checklist?
How many of these self-care items do you want to achieve this month?
Have you had a mastectomy done?