What People Are Most Affected by Breast Cancer?
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: December 2018.
- Cancer Facts & Figures for African Americans 2016-2018. American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/research/cancer-facts-and-statistics/cancer-facts-and-figures-for-african-americans/cancer-facts-and-figures-for-african-americans-2016-2018.pdf. Accessed 7/25/18.
- Rosenberg SM, Newman LA, Partridge AH. Breast cancer in young women: rare disease or public health problem? JAMA Oncol. 2015;1(7):877-878. doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2015.2112.
- Anders CK, Johnson R, Litton J, Phillips M, Bleyer A. Breast Cancer Before Age 40 Years. Seminars in oncology. 2009;36(3):237-249. doi:10.1053/j.seminoncol.2009.03.001.
- Breast cancer treatment during pregnancy (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/patient/pregnancy-breast-treatment-pdq. Accessed 7/25/18.
- Keyser EA, Staat BC, Fausett MB, Shields AD. Pregnancy-Associated Breast Cancer. Reviews in Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2012;5(2):94-99.
- Cancer during pregnancy. American Society of Clinical Oncology. Available at https://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/dating-sex-and-reproduction/cancer-during-pregnancy. Accessed 7/25/18.
- Cancer statistics center, breast. American Cancer Society. Available at https://cancerstatisticscenter.cancer.org/#!/cancer-site/Breast. Accessed 7/25/18.
- Male breast cancer. National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. Available at http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/male-breast-cancer. Accessed 7/25/18.
- Male breast cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/patient/male-breast-treatment-pdq. Accessed 7/25/18.