How Common Is Advanced Breast Cancer?
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: December 2018.
- Cancer stat facts: female breast cancer. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program, National Cancer Institute. Available at https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/breast.html. Accessed 7/11/18.
- Cancer statistics center, breast. American Cancer Society. Available at https://cancerstatisticscenter.cancer.org/#!/cancer-site/Breast. Accessed 7/11/18.
- Curigliano G, Criscitiello C, Esposito A, et al. Best management of locally advanced inoperable breast cancer. EJC Supplements. 2013;11(2):289-290. doi:10.1016/j.ejcsup.2013.07.052.
- Garg PK, Prakash G. Current definition of locally advanced breast cancer. Current Oncology. 2015;22(5):e409-e410. doi:10.3747/co.22.2697.
- Breast cancer – metastatic: statistics. Cancer.net. Available at https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/breast-cancer-metastatic/statistics. Accessed 7/10/18.
- Incidence and incidence rates. Metastatic Breast Cancer Network. Available at http://www.mbcn.org/incidence-and-incidence-rates/. Accessed 7/10/18.
- Study estimates number of U.S. women living with metastatic breast cancer. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/metastatic-breast-cancer-survival-rates. Accessed 7/11/18.
- Mariotto A, Etzioni R, Hurlbert M, et al. Estimation of the number of women living with metastatic breast cancer in the United States. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers Prev. Online May 18, 2017. In print June 1, 2017. DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-16-0889.
- Breast cancer risk in American women. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/risk-fact-sheet. Accessed 7/11/18.