How Common Is Advanced Breast Cancer?
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: September 2019.
- Cancer stat facts: female breast cancer. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program, National Cancer Institute. Available at https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/breast.html. Accessed on 9/5/19.
- Cancer statistics center, breast. American Cancer Society. Available at https://cancerstatisticscenter.cancer.org/#!/cancer-site/Breast. Accessed on 9/12/19.
- Breast cancer – metastatic: statistics. Cancer.net. Available at https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/breast-cancer-metastatic/statistics. Accessed on 9/12/19.
- Curigliano G, Criscitiello C, Esposito A, et al. Best management of locally advanced inoperable breast cancer. EJC Supplements. 2013;11(2):289-290. doi:10.1016/j.ejcsup.2013.07.052.
- Study estimates number of U.S. women living with metastatic breast cancer. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/press-releases/2017/metastatic-breast-cancer-survival-rates. Accessed 9/12/19.
- Mariotto A, Etzioni R, Hurlbert M, et al. Estimation of the number of women living with metastatic breast cancer in the United States. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers Prev. Online May 18, 2017. In print June 1, 2017. DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-16-0889.
- Breast cancer risk in American women. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/risk-fact-sheet. Accessed 9/12/19.