AdvancedBreastCancer.net Celebrates Three Years!
AdvancedBreastCancer.net (aBC) celebrates three years!
It is hard to believe that three years have passed since we launched aBC! Happy anniversary to our community members and advocates. AdvancedBreastCancer.net was created to hold space for people affected by advanced or metastatic breast cancer. Whether you are on AdvancedBreastCancer.net, our Facebook page, or Instagram we are always here to support you and create awareness for those living with late-stage breast cancer. Our mission is to provide information about metastatic breast cancer (MBC) and connect to those living with or impacted by it. We feel lucky to offer a place for people to share their thoughts and experiences. We have learned so much from all of you. We would like to thank the dedicated contributors and moderators on our advocate team. Whether you started at launch or you have just come aboard we would not be here without you.
Our advanced breast cancer community has accomplished so much!
We know that this diagnosis is life-changing and is different than early-stage breast cancer. We are honored to give a voice and a platform to those living with late-stage breast cancer.
Here are some of the things we have achieved since launching the aBC community in 2019:
- Worked closely with 34 amazing advocates.
- We have reached more than 592,000 people living with advanced breast cancer through our community site.
- AdvancedBreastCancer.net includes more than 630 articles and videos. We are in awe of the amazing posts that our contributors have created. We are also proud of our Editorial Team contributions.
- Year after year, you have participated in our ABC In America surveys focusing on life with metastatic breast cancer.
- We have commemorated Breast Cancer Awareness Month each October with special content and awareness for metastatic breast cancer. Our themes have been sharing the facts and dispelling the myths related to metastatic breast cancer, standing together for stage 4 breast cancer, and maintaining hope.
- We have shared emerging treatments to provide the latest in MBC research.
- Your story submissions and forum topic discussions have led to connections and validation. You have given others living with MBC support when they need it the most.
Top 3 articles over 3 years
We also wanted to share with you our top 3 articles over the past 3 years. These articles are the most visited on our site:
- Top Ten Worst Place to Lose Your Hair written by Abigail in November, 2019.
- Being Ghosted After an Advanced Breast Cancer Diagnosis. A compilation article written by the comments from you, our community. This article was published in November, 2020.
- Understanding HER2-Positive and HER2-Negative Breast Cancer written by our Editorial Team was also published in November 2020.
Join our forums, share your story, and more
We could never do what we do without our community. You make AdvancedBreastCancer.net the supportive place that it is. Thank you for sharing your vulnerable moments with us. Your reading, commenting, liking, and sharing have made a difference.
Do you have a safe space where others understand what you are going through?