How Are Young Women Affected by Breast Cancer?
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: December 2018.
- Rosenberg SM, Newman LA, Partridge AH. Breast cancer in young women: rare disease or public health problem? JAMA Oncol. 2015;1(7):877-878. doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2015.2112.
- Breast cancer risk in American women. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/risk-fact-sheet. Accessed 7/26/18.
- ESO-ESMO 3rd international consensus guidelines for breast cancer in young women (BCY3). The Breast. 2017 Oct;35:203-217. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.breast.2017.07.017.
- Anders CK, Johnson R, Litton J, Phillips M, Bleyer A. Breast Cancer Before Age 40 Years. Seminars in oncology. 2009;36(3):237-249. doi:10.1053/j.seminoncol.2009.03.001.
- Lalloo F, Varley J, Moran A, Ellis D, O'dair L, Pharoah P, Antoniou A, Hartley R, Shenton A, Seal S, Bulman B, Howell A, Evans DG. BRCA1, BRCA2 and TP53 mutations in very early-onset breast cancer with associated risks to relatives. Eur J Cancer. 2006 May; 42(8):1143-50.
- Can I lower my risk of breast cancer? American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/risk-and-prevention/can-i-lower-my-risk.html. Accessed 7/26/18.