What Tests Are Used to Diagnose Breast Cancer?
- Mammograms. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/mammograms-fact-sheet. Accessed 8/27/18.
- Ultrasound - Breast. Radiological Society of North America. Available at https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastus. Accessed 8/28/18.
- Huizen J. Breast ultrasound: uses and what to expect. Medical News Today. Available at https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319202.php. Accessed 8/28/18.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - Breast. Radiological Society of North America. Available at https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=breastmr. Accessed 8/28/18.
- Breast biopsy. Mayo Clinic. Available at https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/breast-biopsy/about/pac-20384812. Accessed 8/29/18.
- Tumor genomic assays. BreastCancer.org. Available at https://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/diagnosis/genomic_assays. Accessed 8/30/18.
- Cordeiro B. Do you need genetic testing for breast cancer? MD Anderson Cancer Center. Available at https://www.mdanderson.org/publications/focused-on-health/october-2014/genetic-testing-for-breast-cancer.html. Accessed 8/16/18.
- Breast cancer treatment – PDQ, Stage Information. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/hp/breast-treatment-pdq#section/_27. Accessed 8/16/18.