How Does Breast Cancer Develop?
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: December 2018
- How does breast cancer start? American Cancer Society. Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/breast-cancer/about/how-does-breast-cancer-form.html. Accessed 7/16/18.
- Growth of cancer. National Breast Cancer Foundation. Available at http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/growth-of-breast-cancer. Accessed 7/16/18.
- Breast cancer treatment (PDQ) – patient version. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/patient/breast-treatment-pdq. Accessed 7/16/18.
- Douketis JD. Overview of the lymphatic system. Merck Manuals. Available at http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/heart-and-blood-vessel-disorders/lymphatic-disorders/overview-of-the-lymphatic-system. Accessed 7/16/18.
- Genetics of breast and gynecological cancers (PDQ) – health professional version. National Cancer Institute. Available at https://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/hp/breast-ovarian-genetics-pdq. Accessed 7/16/18.
- Breast cancer – metastatic: introduction. Cancer.net. Available at https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/breast-cancer-metastatic/introduction. Accessed 7/10/18.
- Breast cancer’s spread routes mapped. Science Daily. Available at https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180227094640.htm. Accessed 7/17/18.
- Ikram Ullah, Govindasamy-Muralidharan Karthik, Amjad Alkodsi, Una Kjällquist, Gustav Stålhammar, John Lövrot, Nelson-Fuentes Martinez, Jens Lagergren, Sampsa Hautaniemi, Johan Hartman, Jonas Bergh. Evolutionary history of metastatic breast cancer reveals minimal seeding from axillary lymph nodes. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2018; DOI: 10.1172/JCI96149